Valley Medical CDI Services
1. Diagnosis Validation
2. HCC coding, review and audit practice
3. Health information management including leveraging on past processed data
4. Provider training and education
5. Staff clinical documentation training
6. Data gathering, warehousing and reporting
7. Liaison between provider and organizational leadership for a productive physician engagement
Why the need for Outpatient CDI
1. Focused attention to current and relevant clinical data for real-time patient care
2. Increased physician engagement
3. Increased RAF score for the organization
4. Higher Medicare star rating
5. Higher reimbursement
6. Healthier patient population
Why VMC Outpatient CDI service?
1. Our CDI specialists are credentialed health information management professionals by American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
2. VMC is expert on Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) coding, review and audit operations, for a more efficient Risk Adjust Payment Model (reimbursement)
3. We have 15 years combined of solid Ambulatory CDI practice from reputable healthcare organizations in the nation
4. One of our major core strengths is training and education, which is a huge part of CDI program.
5. We partner with AHIMA in training our CDI specialists, by employing a standard CDI training course conducted by an AHIMA -Approved CDI Trainer
How can CDI help your organization?
1. Enhances patient care management by leveraging on processed data through efficient review and analysis of past and most recent clinical notes.
2. Ensures capture of HCC diagnosis for optimum RAF score
3. Eliminates unnecessary retrospective HCC coding cost
4. Empowers providers by providing effective clinical documentation and coding tools for a much easier note taking work flow.
5. Encourages patients to be more proactive in managing their health.